milk + cornflakes = breakfast

Saturday, May 31, 2008

graduation day...

this is the day where all of us are waiting for. well, not everyone, but we still do know that we have to end this phase of life at some point. even though tears are not seen on stage or anywhere around the convention centre, i'm pretty sure that some of us do know that we may not be seeing each other again. there is a mixture of sadness and, of course, gladness. having spent 3 wonderful years in this school and it is indeed the best times in my life, for now.

i put on my gown and went to my seat. slowly, memories start to melt into my conscience and pretty much made a clear image of the past. sweet memories, some call them. i giggled at myself, not knowing there's so many people in my course, as i start to remember my first crush in poly when i saw her walk up the stage to collect her diploma.

the graduation procession ended and i headed back to my ex-classroom. the nostalgic space that surrounds me churns out an appreciation for the lecturers who nurtured me till the end of my diploma course. and of coz, not forgetting the 2 TSOs who assisted my group's struggle in our project work. both of them are like friends than just academic staff.

went out with jay and kinet for dinner in town and kinda made jay emo. ha. ended the day with a freaking long train ride, accompanying kinet to sembawang thn to jurong east. in the train, we were flipping through the ece mag, and we kinda picked the pretty girls and i told them about my first crush. while looking into the picture with all the ece academic staff, i start to recall my lecturers from year 1 and 2. these memories are pretty faint and i'm sure i can't remember some of their names clearly too, but i do remember what they did and i will always give thanks to their efforts.

I would like to thank my peers for this exciting and fun journey in NP and my parents who have been supporting me. Thank God for all the encouragement, wisdom, support and courage. I love you girls/guys.

No comments: